Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Video Game Trailers Part 3

Hello, and welcome back to Video Game week, wherein I count down the ten best video game trailers ever made.  I feel that these trailers warrant a discussion among those who see movies, as this is an important part of a related art form.  So without further ado...

Number 6:
Gears of War 2
Last Day Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL_ZjJgbDmc
The music in this trailer rocks my world.  (How It Ends by DeVotchka.)  But that’s not the only thing that puts this trailer on the list.  It carries a wonderful sense of struggle and desperation that most games don’t provide.  This trailer provides a more human element to its characters, making it more than your average game, and more than your average trailer.

Number 5:
Halo 3 Believe Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXeST0NMtic
I bet Chopin never imagined that his work would be featured in a trailer for an epic sci-fi action game.  But it fits perfectly.  What makes this trailer truly incredible, is the detail.  Every single image that appears on the screen has been lovingly crafted and beautifully colored.  And when the word BELIEVE shows up on the screen, I know that I felt proud to be human.

Tune in tomorrow for trailers 4 and 3.

Until next time,
Harry

1 comment:

  1. Harry-While I have never really played video games, I had no idea there was a world of video game trailers out there. What a cool idea!

    The Last Day video game seems awesome. You're right. The human elements that are given to the characters really add something more.

    ReplyDelete